We at CFET have accomplished a lot in this extraordinary year….because of YOU!
When COVID-19 shut down our normal operations, we directed our energies to growing as much food as possible and encouraging our neighbors to grow their own food in raised beds in the Liney Ditch park garden.
- We increased our community gardeners by 400% this year.
- We were able to give steady incomes to 8 of our local youth.
- We hired a Camden young adult, a graduate of our youth program, to manage the Farm Market.
- We supplied 500 vegetable seedlings to our neighbors.
- We sold 1400 pounds of produce.
- We donated 600 pounds of produce.
- We did Zoom sessions with college and high school students.
- We created opportunities for CFET to be a resource for the local community on air quality issues.
All of this in the midst of a near total shut down of normal operations due to the pandemic.
Because of your generosity and the amazing talent of our staff!
2021 looks to be a turning point year for us.
- We plan to grow 2400 pounds of produce: A 20% increase.
- We plan to grow our community gardeners’ group by 25%.
- We plan to increase our youth farmers by 50%.
- We plan to roll out a strategy for supporting the environmental activism of our neighbors.
- We plan to restart our immersion programming in fall of 2021 with a reimagined curriculum.
To do this we need your support. It is possible…..because of YOU!
Give what you can: every “bit” counts!
$1,000 ensures the hiring of Camden youth.
$500 ensures the harvesting of fresh fruit and vegetables for our neighbors!
$250 ensures the maintenance of the community gardener space.
We count on your generosity, on your belief in our mission, and your desire to be part of the solution.
We are a 501 ( c) 3; your contribution is 100% tax-deductible.
We at CFET wish you a blessed holiday season!
CFET Board of Trustees and Staff